Everyone loves free dynamic CAD blocks!
The other day I was trying to find a standard dynamic block for single leaf doors – ideally in metric and imperial sizes – I couldn’t find one anywhere so I decided to make my own.
I quite enjoy making dynamic blocks in AutoCAD – sad I know, but in the long run it seems to save the office time if they can reuse these components, rather than having hundreds of alternative sizes saved on file.
The block itself comes in standard metric and imperial sizes – with a lookup for the structural openings, as well as references for the leaf sizes. It can also be tweaked to fit almost all openings and wall thicknesses with AutoCAD’s parametric stretching.
Click here to download the block for free (Right click > Save as)
How to use it
Some additional info
- The door handle is a nestled block – feel free to edit the block named Handle and it should update all the doors.
- Doors are shown at 35mm thick and the lining is shown with a simple rabetted jamb.
- Door references are also shown in the middle of the door opening, you can edit reference text by double clicking the block, or you can remove it by turning off the A-Z22132-T-DoorReference layer.
- Door swing is shown at 90 degrees.
- File version is AutoCAD DWG 2004
Please note: I do not take any responsibility for the usage of any of this information. Please take all the measurements indicated with a pinch of salt, standard door sizes may vary between countries.
Following comments saying the download link was broken, I have now uploaded a new version of the door file — please let me know if you have any issues! Note: you need AC2007 at the least, in order to use this block object.